UNION Savings BANK Debit Card
With your UNION Savings BANK debit card, you can pay for purchases at millions of merchant locations worldwide without writing a check, carrying around cash or building up a monthly credit card balance.
Benefits of using your UNION Savings BANK Debit Card:
- It's Convenient and Easy to Use - No checkbook to carry, no check to write when paying for purchases!
- It's Welcome - Any merchant that accepts MasterCard® will accept your UNION Savings BANK debit card for payment.
- It's a Time Saver - Get cash back during your purchase and skip that extra trip to the ATM!
Liability for Fraudulent Transactions
There is zero liability for transactions made in the store, over the telephone, or online, as well as PIN based transactions, including ATM transactions. It is important to understand that in order to qualify for zero liability, you must demonstrate to us that you have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your card from loss or theft; and upon becoming aware of an authorized transaction, promptly report it to us within two business days of your discovery. Also, your notification to us must be no later than 60 days after the unauthorized transaction was reported on your periodic statement. If you do not notify us promptly or take reasonable care in safeguarding your card, you may be responsible for the full amount of any unauthorized transactions. There are many variables involved with determining responsibility for fraudulent transactions. This information is provided as an outline our general practices. Please review the disclosures provided to you previously and contact us if you have questions.
24 Hour Fraud Watch
Did you know that UNION Savings BANK works around the clock to protect your debit card? We have access to sophisticated monitoring techniques that work hard to weed out fraud. To assist in our efforts to protect your card, please remember to do the following.
- Keep your phone number updated – it’s critical for us to have your current phone number on file in order to reach you about possible fraudulent activity.
- Let us know when you’re traveling – To help prevent an interruption in debit card access when you travel domestically or internationally, we recommend that you place a travel notice on the card you plan to use. You can do this by calling us at 815-235-0800.
Manage Debit Card Transaction with Online Banking and Mobile Alerts
When you use our free Online Banking service, you can access all of your accounts at UNION Savings BANK and review your debit card purchases easily. You can also sign up for mobile or email alerts that automatically send balance or posted transaction information to you. Alerts help you manage your account with information sent right to your mobile phone or computer.
Debit Card Security Tips
- Keep your card and password secure.
- Do not carry your personal identification number (PIN) with your card.
- Protect the privacy of your transaction. Do not let anyone see you enter your password while you are standing at an ATM. Be suspicious.
- Do not let your card out of your sight when making purchases in a store or restaurant.
- Report a lost or stolen debit card immediately.