Shred Days 2019
Mark your calendars for one of our most popular community events. Shred Days will return again in April!
UNION Savings BANK in partnership with Freeport Recycling Center will safely dispose of documents on site during the event. We advise attendees to use caution when selecting items to shred. Attendees should seek the advice of an attorney for guidance on the destruction of documents that may have tax or legal implications.
Acceptable shredding items: Paper with small paper clips or staples, forms, manila file folders, envelopes (with or without window), large clasp envelopes, non-plastic pocket folders, expandable file folders, documents that are bound must be separated before shredding. Examples: credit card slips, bank statements and receipts, medical records and invoices, credit card applications, utility bills, canceled checks, paycheck stubs, medical visit summary
Non-acceptable shredding items: Magazines, catalogs, junk mail, heavy cardboard, metal or plastic spiral binding, large metal binder clips, 3-ring binders, electronics like CD, DVD, diskettes, floppy disks, computer backups, hard drives, moldy, wet or damaged paper.
- All box-like containers must be returned to the attendees by bank staff.
- All attendees must remain in their vehicles during the event.
- Early drop off not permitted.
- We anticipate there will be enough capacity to accommodate all attendees but reserve the right to limit shredding or end the event early.
- Bring documents in sturdy, easily transportable boxes or containers.
- Boxes or containers should weight no more than 35 lbs. each.
- All community members welcome to attend, including non-customers and local businesses.
- We reserve the right to not shred items. Examples include catalogs, magazines or other pieces that are not confidential in nature.