UNION Savings BANK has a rich history that dates back to 1883. We are one of the oldest financial institutions serving the Northern Illinois area.
The bank was originally organized as Union Loan and Building Association on June 9, 1883. Lalon Farwell was the first president, and John Henney, President of Henney Buggy Company, was the vice president. The first location for the main office was opposite the courthouse in what was then known as Maynards’s Block in Freeport, Illinois. An interesting fact about the association was that four times a year, they issued shares of stock for $100 each. This was considered a large sum of money, so payment plans were offered to small investors with a monthly payment of just $0.25! Union Loan and Building Association continued on a steady growth pattern and eventually changed the bank name to our current name of UNION Savings BANK. Through the years, the bank has expanded to five branches located in Freeport, Rockford, Belvidere, and Mount Morris.
Mission and Values
Established in 1883, UNION Savings BANK is an independent, full-service community bank serving the Northern Illinois area. We offer a broad range of banking services from personal and business banking to investment, trust, and mortgage services.
To be a strong financial service partner that improves lives, one customer, one employee, and one community at a time.
- Excellence: Create it; Demand it; Expect it.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Respect: Provide it to and earn it from everyone.
- Accountability: Own the situation.
- Communication: Clearly, precisely, appropriately.
- Progressive: Only one direction - forward.
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago
- Independent Community Bankers of America
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Illinois Bankers Association
- Thomas A. Huber, Chairman of the Board
- John P. Burke, Director
- Jerry J. Griffin, Director
- Deborah L. Carlson, Director
- Delbert W. Bunker III, Director
- Nicholas A. Gill, Director & Chief Executive Officer and President
- Mary K. Vogel, Director & Executive Vice President
- Marty Cox, Director