Bank News and Announcements
- Mount Morris Oct 2, 2021 from 12pm to 2pm
- Rockford Oct 9, 2021 from 12pm to 2pm
- Belvidere Oct 16, 2021 from 12pm to 2pm
- Freeport Oct 23, 2021 from 12pm to 2pm
Name and address information, birth dates, social security or tax id numbers, banking or credit card information, business records, tax data, health information. Examples could include the following:
Paper, paper clips or staples, forms, manila file folders, envelopes (with or without window), large clasp envelopes, non- plastic pocket folders, expandable file folders, documents that are bound must be separated before shredding.
Magazines, books, heavy cardboard, metal or plastic spiral binding, large metal binder clips, 3-ring binders, electronics like CD, DVD, diskettes, floppy disks, computer backups, hard drives.
- We anticipate there will be sufficient capacity to accommodate all participants but do reserve the right to limit shredding or end the event early.
- We advise participants to use caution when selecting items to shred and that participants should seek the advice of an attorney for guidance on the destruction of documents that may have tax or legal implications.
- Participants should remain in their vehicles during the event.
Freeport, IL (June 7, 2021) – The Board of Directors of Union Savings Bank announced at the June 7, 2021, annual meeting a change in executive leadership. Richard. D. Wolfe, Chief Executive Officer and President announced his retirement after forty-three years of service to the bank. Wolfe held several positions at the bank during his career and served as President since 2012 and Chief Executive Officer since 2016.
Nicholas A. Gill was promoted to Chief Executive Officer, President, and Director. Gill graduated from Illinois State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance. He holds the professional designation of Certified Community Bank Compliance Officer, attended the Graduate School of Banking and Leadership Institute at Highland Community College. Active in the community, Gill is the current president of Lincoln-Douglas Kiwanis and is an assistant football coach for Forreston High School.
Mary K. Vogel was promoted to Executive Vice President. Vogel serves on the bank's Board of Directors and manages Human Resources for the bank. She holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Wisconsin at Whitewater and attended the Graduate School of Banking and Highland Community College Leadership Institute. Vogel is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and previously served on the board of directors for Freeport Sunrise Rotary.
About Union Savings Bank: Established in 1883, Union Savings Bank is an independent, full-service community bank serving the Northern Illinois area. They offer a broad range of banking services from, personal and business banking to investment, trust, and mortgage services.
We are pleased to announce that we broke ground in late April on a new branch office in Mount Morris, Illinois, located at 1 W Hitt Street. Expected to open in the fall of 2021, the new office will feature two drive-through lanes with an ATM, ample parking, and safe deposit services. The branch will continue offering personal, commercial, and mortgage banking services.
Angie Good, Vice President and branch manager, shares that "It's an exciting time to be in Mount Morris with all of the new economic development. UNION Savings BANK is very committed to Mount Morris and Ogle County, and we are building a facility that grows with the community into the future".
Mount Morris area customers will receive information through the mail regarding the office's transition. For our customers with a Safe Deposit box in Mount Morris, please be sure to watch for time-sensitive communications arriving in late July.
- Don't give remote access to your computer or payment information to someone who calls you out of the blue.
- Don't rely on caller ID to determine if a caller is on the level. Scammers use spoofing techniques to make it look like they're calling from a legitimate number.
- Don't call the number in a pop-up virus alert. Real warnings from your operating system or antivirus program will not ask you to call anyone for support.
- Don't click any links in the pop-up, even to close the window. This could redirect you to a scam site or launch a "dialogue loop," continually serving pop-up messages.
- Don't open previously closed sites if prompted to do so when you restart the browser after getting a scam pop-up.
Exciting news! We had a major update to the design of the UNION Savings BANK website (homepage) on March 4, 2021 at 2:00 pm CST. The new site will feature the following improvements:
- Improved security - we will add "https" to our website address to increase the security level to ensure that our customers receive the highest protection level when browsing.
- Mobile-Friendly - The redesigned website will be fully accessible from both desktop computers and mobile devices, and is designed to be visually appealing and user-friendly.
- Improved Support for Assistive Technologies - the new site will work better with screen readers and other assistive technologies.
- Easier Login to Online Banking - enter your user name and password right on the UNION Savings BANK homepage.
Top of Mind Concerns
- Online Banking (where you get your account information) is NOT changing. The bank's home page and the online banking website are separate units.
- The website address will change from http://www.unionsavingsbank.com to https://www.unionsavingsbank.com
- Bookmarks - if you have saved our website as a favorite you will need to update the address.
- Saved Login Information - Login information that your browser may have saved for you will not carry forward to the new website.
- Investment and Trust Customers Portfolio Link - the login link is available on the home page by clicking the "Login" button in the upper right hand corner.
- New Year’s Day - Friday, January 1, 2021
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Monday, January 18, 2021
- Presidents’ Day - Monday, February 15, 2021
- Good Friday - Friday, April 2, 2021 - All Offices will close at 5:00PM
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 31, 2021
- Independence Day - Monday, July 5, 2021
- Labor Day- Monday, September 6, 2021
- Columbus Day-Monday, October 11, 2021
- Veterans Day - Thursday, November 11, 2021
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Christmas Eve - Friday, December 24, 2021 - All Offices will close at 12:00PM
- Christmas Day Saturday, December 25, 2021
- New Year’s Eve - Friday, December 31, 2021 - All Offices will close at 5:00PM
- New Year’s Day – Saturday, January 1, 2022